Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-03-15 Origin: Site
Betaine, also known as trimethylglycine, is an amino acid derivative. It has a double-charged property and three active methyl groups, and the charge distribution in the molecule is neutral, and there is no difference in the activity of the three methyl groups, so it is an efficient methyl donor. Betaine contains fully methylated pentavalent ammonia, is hydrophilic and lipophilic, and has good water solubility. Betaine can promote the feeding of aquatic animals and improve the utilization rate of feed. When aquatic animals are sick, using attractant in the feed or in the breeding water will help the feeding of the bait and achieve better therapeutic effect. Currently, betaine is one of the best fish feed additives.
Adding 0.5% to 1.5% betaine to fish feed has a strong stimulating effect on the sense of smell and taste of all fish and shrimp and other crustaceans. It has strong food-attracting power, improves feed palatability, shortens feeding time, promotes digestion and absorption, accelerates fish and shrimp growth, and avoids water pollution caused by feed waste. Adding betaine to the feed shortened the feeding time of Macrobrachium rosenbergii by 1/3 to 1/2 and increased the feed intake. The feed containing betaine has obvious food-attracting effect on carp and wild carp. The food-attracting effect of betaine is also manifested in that it can enhance the taste perception of fish to other amino acids and enhance the food-attracting effect of amino acids.
Betaine can promote the growth of fish and shrimp, enhance disease resistance and immunity, and improve survival rate and feed conversion rate through food-inducing effect. Adding betaine has a significant effect on promoting the growth of juvenile fish and shrimp and improving the survival rate.
1. The weight gain of rainbow trout fed betaine increased by 23.5%, and the feed coefficient decreased by 14.01%.
2. The weight gain of Atlantic salmon increased by 31.9%, and the feed factor decreased by 20.8%.
3. Adding 0.3% to 0.5% betaine to the compound feed of 2-month-old carp can increase the daily weight gain by 41% to 49%, and reduce the feed coefficient by 14% to 24%.
3. Adding 0.3% betaine pure product or compound product in the feed can significantly promote the growth of tilapia and reduce the feed coefficient.
4. Adding 1.5% betaine to the bait of river crabs can increase the net weight gain of river crabs by 95.3% and the survival rate by 38%, which can obtain faster growth speed and higher survival rate.
POLIFAR is a professional betaine supplier, we have betaine hydrochloride 98%, betaine hydrochloride 95% and betaine anhydrous 96%. If you are interested in our products, please contact us.